New Android 6.0 Marshmallow update is now available for Asus ZenFone 2 device. This is unofficial CyanogenMod’s CM13 custom ROM. This custom ROM is developed by the developers at CyanogenMod.
This update can be downloaded at CyanogenMod official website or from the link provided in the description, then follow the steps mentioned below to flash it on your Asus ZenFone 2. This ROM has brought in with features like visually tweaked UI experience with updated Theme engine which gives the users a perfect taste of the latest Android Marshmallow.
So, now let us move forward and learn about how you can flash this ROM on your device. Make sure as this is a custom ROM it might have some bugs. So, it is advisable that you back up your data and make nandroid back up of current ROM.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Asus ZenFone 2 phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install ZenFone 2 USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some external storage.
- Make a nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow based CM13 custom ROM
- Download the Android Marshmallow custom ROM for Z00A and Z008 from here.
- Download the appropriate Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer the ROM file and Google App’s file to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button to flash the ROM file.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot tab system will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.
Thank you for reading the article.