Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge users can now taste the latest version of Android on their devices. Samsung has started a public Beta program to test its Android Marshmallow builds for Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. If you have a Galaxy S6 or a Galaxy S6 Edge you can Sign-up for the Beta program and you will receive the update to Marshmallow build.
Officially this program is for the devices of United Kingdom only but the device which are not from UK can also get this updates by manually flashing the UK firmware on their device which will give them access to Sign-up for Beta program for Android Marshmallow from Samsung.
To Sign -up for this program you need to have a device with Model number as SM-G920F/SM-G925F only. In addition to this for the device other than UK you need to have Odin 3.10.7 installed on your PC to flash the UK specific firmware on your non UK device.
So, if your eager to enroll your self for this program then here are some steps you need to follow.
Procedure to Join for Beta Program
- Make sure your phone’s model number is SM-G920F or SM-G925F. Check this in the Settings » About device menu.
- Also, make sure you’re using an unlocked version of the phone.
- Now, check if your phone’s current firmware has the BTU product code.
- To do so, download the SamMobile Device Info app from the Google Play Store.
- Open it and swipe to the Firmware tab, then check out the Product Code.
- The Product Code should have BTU mentioned after the phone’s model number.
- If it’s BTU, download the Galaxy Care app from the Galaxy Apps store on your phone.
- You can also grab the APK from this Link, transfer it to your phone and install it manually.
- Open Galaxy Care app, agree to the legal terms on the welcome screen and then press Next to head to the main screen of Galaxy Care.
- Now, at the top of the app, swipe around till you get the screen where it says “Participate Galaxy Beta Program.”
- Now, click the Join button.
- Register your self for the program and you will get the Firmware download option.
Non United Kingdom devices users can download the UK specific firmware from this link and then flash it using Odin 3.10.7.
Galaxy S6 edge BTU UK firmware
Download respected firmware for your device and then flash it through Odin.
Procedure to Flash the firmware through Odin
- Download the firmware from above link.
- Download Odin 3.10.7 from here.
- Boot your device into Odin mode to do so Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power key at same time for few seconds.
- Connect your device to PC.
- Open Odin on your PC.
- Tap on AP or PDA tab and select the firmware file you have downloaded earlier.
- Now, click on Start button and allow the process to complete.
- Device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
- Once done check for the Model number of your device. Go to Settings > About device > Model number.
- Your device model number should now have BTU product code.
- Now follow the steps mentioned above in the procedure to Join for Beta program.
- That’s all you will now get the build update from Samsung.