T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 users will be happy to hear that new Android Marshmallow is now available through Odin flashable file. Samsung is ready to roll out the latest Android update for its flagship device T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 at the end of December 2015 mostly.
So, users can wait for the update to be available on their device or just get it now by flashing the update file through Odin flashable file. The new update brings all the core enhancements that Google made in this firmware. Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 brings a handful of new features.
Let us have a look at the new features present in the Android Marshmallow update. It has made some changes in TouchWiz UI. The color palate of the TouchWiz is changed as well. Clock, file manager, calendar and music applications have a new UI now. Settings applications is also seeing changes in UI. Samsung has brought in some handy settings under a new tab named as “useful settings” in the settings app.
Samsung has also revamped the phone application along with enhanced battery stats and better battery management. You will also find the new app permissions feature in this update. Apart from these enhancements, Android 6.0 Marshmallow comes with latest security enhancements making Android a more intact OS.
So, let us now go ahead and learn how you can install the new update on your Phone.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5, do not try it on other models or you may brick the device.
- Install compatible USB drivers for your device on your PC.
- Back up all the data you required to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM, so that you can restore if there is some problem with the new one.
- Also back up the EFS partition.
- Make sure that the device battery is fully charged.
- Turn off Windows firewall settings on your PC.
- If you have Samsung Kies installed on PC uninstall it.
- Enable OEM unlock. Go to Settings > About device > Tap on Build number for 7 times > Settings > Developer options > OEM unlock.
- A working USB cable for good connection between the device and PC.
Install Android Marshmallow on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5
- Download the Odin Tool required to flash the ROM file from here.
- Download the Android Marshmallow ROM file from here.
- Extract the ROM file and Odin file on your PC desktop.
- Install the Odin tool downloaded from the link above.
- Now, reboot the device into Download or Odin mode. Press and Hold Volume Down + Power + Home buttons for few seconds then press Volume Up key for once.
- Now, connect the phone to PC using USB cable, the ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue.
- Now, upload the files required in Odin one by one.
- Tap on PIT tab and select the PIT file from the extracted file on desktop.
- Tap on AP tab and select AP_N920TUVU2DOK5_CL6256935.tar.md5.
- Tap on BL tab and select BL_N920TUVU2DOK5_CL6256935.tar.md5.
- Tap on CP tab and select CP_N920TUVU2DOK5_CL6256935.tar.md5.
- Un-check all the options under Options tab except F.Reset Time.
- Tap on Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- ID:COM box will turn Green if the process is successful.
- Reboot the device normally and check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.
Procedure to Root T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 on Android Marshmallow
- Download the SuperSU zip file to your device internal storage.
- Download the Custom Kernel.tar file and store it on PC.
- Now, reboot the device into Download mode as said earlier.
- Launch Odin, Tap on AP tab and select the kernal.tar file you have downloaded.
- Connect the device to PC and click on Start button in Odin.
- Allow the process to complete.
- Download the Philz recovery file, follow step 3-6.
- Once the process is completed reboot the device into recovery mode. Press and Hold Volume Up + Home + Power key for few seconds.
- Tap on Install Zip > Choose zip from SD Card > Select the SuperSU.zip file > Flash it.
Finally reboot the device in normal mode and enjoy the new Android Marshmallow with Root access on it.
Thank you for reading the article.