As we welcome this month of May, we were eagerly waiting for Android versions statistical distribution chart and here it comes. In April 2014, we predicted a growth in Kitkat share since many flagship phones were updated with latest version of Android software and it did happened.
Android Platform Distribution Numbers May 2014 Numbers
Still there are large number (60.8 percentage of total Android devices) of smartphones and tablets running Android Jelly Bean version and it still remained widely adopted Android version. Jelly Bean devices are sub-divided into –
- Android 4.1.x – 33.5 percent
- Android 4.2.x – 18.8 percent
- Android 4.3.x – 8.5 percent
From the figures above, Ice Cream Sandwich dropped from 16.1 % to 13.4% and although there is drop in Android 2.3 Gingerbread devices, it has share of around 16.2 %, much better than Android 4.0.x.
From April 2014 to May 2014
- Kitkat roase from 5.3% to 8.5%
- Gingerbread sees 1.6% decline
- Ice Cream Sandwich sees 0.9% decline
June 2013 Prediction
Every month we predict something or the other for the next month official Android stats. We almost got all the predictions right if you consider last month report.
- In June 2013 report we might not see Android 4.2 Honeycomb in the list and it’s share will fall below 0.1%.
- Android 4.4 Kitkat will continue to grow, expecting atleast 12% by next month.
- Ice Cream Sandwich share will sink further.
- Gingerbread device share too will decline.
- Will not be much drop in Jelly Bean share.
In detailed reports of Android distribution by devices screen size, densities and open GL version are available on the source link.
Source: Android Developers