Have you upgraded your iPhone to iOS 9.2.1 and willing to downgrade it back to 9.2 due to any reason like lagging performance, or some battery issues. Then this is the right place for you. Today in this tutorial we will help you with downgrading of iOS 9.2.1 to 9.2.
Make sure if you want to downgrade the device to iOS 9.2 then you need to do it right now because once Apple stops signing the iOS 9.2 or 9.2.1 then you can not downgrade your device. Also if you are looking to downgrade the device just to have jailbreak features then you are mistaken. There is no jailbreak available for both 9.2.1 or 9.2. So, if this was the reason then it’s not worth it to downgrade the device.
Let us now go ahead and have a look at the procedure to downgrade your iPhone.
Preparing your iPhone
- This instructions are meant to downgrade iOS 9.2.1 to iOS 9.2 only do not try it to downgrade any other version.
- Charge your device to 100%.
- Manually back up everything you need to PC as iCloud or iTunes do not allow full back up for newer firmware.
- iPod touch (5th-generation)
- iPod touch (6th-generation)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 4s
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPad mini 2 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 4 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 4 (Cellular)
- iPad Pro (WiFi)
- iPad Pro (Cellular)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation China)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
Downgrade iOS 9.2.1 to iOS 9.2
- Download the required IPSW firmware file for iOS 9.2 from the links above and store it on your PC or MAC device.
- To allow the downgrade go to Settings >> iCloud >> Find My iPhone >> Disable Find My iPhone option.
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac computer using original USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Select your device and tap on Summary tab to display your device information.
- If you are using Windows computer hold Shift and click on Restore iPhone tab.
- If you are using Mac computer then hold Option/Alt key and click on Restore iphone tab.
- Select the IPSW firmware file downloaded earlier and follow the prompts shown by iTunes to complete the downgrade process.
- Once the process completes your device will be running on iOS 9.2.
Check the status in Settings >> General >> About.