While HTC has tighten the noose around the custom firmware’s, Sony Mobiles making it easier for the firmware developers. The latest once to bite the dust is Xperia P LT22i smartphone. In this guide we will show you on how you can root your Google’s Android mobile OS powered Xperia P smartphone be it on any firmware.
Root Sony Xperia P
Yes, that is right! Whatever be the version on your smartphone, using this guide you can root your Xperia P smartphone. As of now you might have come to know what are the advantages of rooting your device i.e. gaining access to the admin files on your device. For those who possess this beautiful smartphone with Sony’s WhiteMagic technology and wishes to have their device go with the latest featured firmware available, they can proceed with this guide.
Once you have gained the root access on your Xperia P smartphone you can install apps which require root access and further more you can also install the ClockWorkMod Recovery on your device. Moreover you can customize your smartphone the way you want, install Xperia Z beautiful wallpapers as well. Before proceeding with the direct step to root your device you should go through the following pre-requisites on your device.
Before Update, Check These –
- Before updating your device you should take the backup of your device using any of the programs you do. Since your device is not rooted, Simple ADB Backup allows you to back up your device without the need of root access. Alternatively you can individually backup SMS, Contacts, Call Logs using different applications available.
- Also ensure that you have enabled USB debugging on your device. You can go through Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and make sure that it’s enabled.
- Next thing to ensure is that the battery life on your device should be atleast 40 % and not less than that. We at TechnosAmigos, always advice to you root/update your device whenever you full charge your device.
- Disclaimer: Neither the TechnosAmigos team nor the author here should be held responsible for any damage to your device because of not following the guide here perfectly. If you are not sure of anything, please ask via comments.
So let’s proceed with the instructions to root your XPeria P phone.
Procedure to Root SONY XPeria P
- First thing to do is to download XPeria P Rooting Package on to your computer following the link. Once downloaded you need to extract the same on the desktop.
- Open the extracted folder and run “RunMe.Bat” file on to your PC.
- It will open command prompt just like this –
- Now connect you Xperia P using the USB cable to the PC and then press Enter to start the rooting process.
- Within no time your device will be rooted and phone will be automatically restarted.
- Disconnect the device.
- Now by going through Root Checker app from Google Play Store, you can know whether your device is rooted or not.
So with that you have successfully rooted your XPeria P smartphone.