iPhone Error 1669 often interrupts iPhone restoration using iTunes. Such unknown iPhone errors trouble Apple fans but on the other side there is nothing 100%. As such you need to fix those iPhone Errors when found.
iPhone Error 1669
The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1669).
This article will help you fix iPhone Error 1669 error by sharing with you two effective methods of error handling. Before we move on to the ultimate procedure to solve this issue.
Here are some troubleshooting options that might be sufficient –
- Keep your iTunes updated to the latest version.
- Keep your operating system updated as well.
- Reboot your computer.
- Unplug any extra USB device. Keep only the iPhone plugged in while restoring it.
If the error occurs even when all this has been done, here are two methods of solving it –
This method should work. Try this one out first. Here are the steps
- Connect the iOS device to the computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Switch on DFU mode by holding the power button and home button together. Release the power button after 10 seconds and the home button after 5 more seconds. This sets the device into recovery mode.
- You know you’ve done it right so far if your device flashes the instruction to restore it.
- Connect the device to iTunes as the screen suggests.
- Re-check whether you have backed up every important files and click the restore button in iTunes.
- Wait for the restoration to complete and the device to turn on.
- Click on the backup and everything will be restored.
Note: You can use the Command + Alt buttons in case of Mac and Control + Shift buttons in case of Windows to locate the IPSW content directly if it’s already there in your computer.
Method 1 is supposed to work but if it doesn’t, here is a surer way to get the Error 1669 fixed
- Temporarily store any local cache worth keeping from iTunes in a different location.
- Delete iTunes and remove the cache from your PC.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes from Apple’s website.
- Connect the iOS device to your PC.
- Click on the ‘check for updates’ option, if it says there are no available updates, your job is done.
Restore the device now and everything will be fine with no interruptions.