With Android 4.2 being official, we all know that its Google Nexus devices to be first updated with these version. There are many good reasons why you should update your Google Nexus device with these update launched by Android team but there might be some problems as well. With Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update officially available for Nexus 7 and Nexus phones, you might feel some lags on your device. With lag problem on any smartphone you might see poorer battery performance and this is unstoppable. Do you feel the same pain on your Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus phone? If yes, then you have arrived on the right page to fix this problem.
There are two methods by which you can fix the lag problem on your Nexus and Nexus 7 devices, which are –
- Clearing the Cache
- Turn OFF Background Sync in Google Current
Clearing the Cache
While updating you device to Android 4.2 there are some problem with Old Cache data been present. While updating your device we generally delete the cache which might lead to slow performance on your device. Here is how you can delete Cache on your Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus phone –
- Turn off your phone so that you can get into recovery mode.
- Recovery mode on your Nexus devices can be entered by pressing the Volume UP, Volume Down button along with Power button at same time.
- With Android logo inside red triangle confirms perfect update to the device, Press volume up button to go through Recovery button. In the recovery mode select Volume UP/Down button as navigation Keys and Power button to select highlighted option.
- Select Clear Cache and also perform Wipe Cache Partition.
- Then select “Reboot System Now” and there you go with Rebooting your Phone.
Turn OFF Background Sync in Google Current
Alternatively, Google Current the stock app on your Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus constantly synchronize and aggregate news on your device. You might be not interested in older news, you can delete them or follow the procedure to fix lag problem by turning off Background Sync –
- Open Google Current App
- Go through Settings inside Google Current
- No remove “Enable Synchronization in background” on hook.
- Finally restart your phone to take setting into effect
With two procedures mentioned above, you might fix lag problem on your Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus phone. Finally if you still face the problem, you can restore stock version or the previous version of your Nexus and Nexus 7 device.