Even after Apple’s dedicated OS, iPhone sometimes encounters unmanageable situations. When iOS device is not recognized by iTunes then you need to do the recovery mode restore[Factory Reset by going through development mode] also for the cases in which attempts of iOS updating gets failed. The following article is meant to provide you with detailed instructions on how to boot iPhone in recovery mode, for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S and iPads.
Put iPhone in Recovery Mode
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Connect your USB cable to the PC first but remember do not connect it to the phone.
- Press the sleep or off button to switch off the phone located at the top of your phone, wait for the slide to appear, slide it to switch off. If in case the phone does not respond, you need to press the sleep or off button and the home button simultaneously and wait for the phone to switch off.
- Next step is to press and hold you Home button, and insert the USB cable in your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. Phone will switch on and Apple logo will displayed. Don’t leave the home button until the iTunes logo or USB cable is displayed, as and when the logo has come you may release the button. Your phone is in recovery mode.
- If the empty battery icon is there let your charge for some time and then restart the procedure with step second. If connect to iTunes screen is not seen, try steps 1 to 4 again.
- iTunes will be started and you will be informed about recovery mode, you will have to restore your device then.
This guide will definitely work out on the following iDevices –
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPad Mini
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPod Touch fifth generation
So, that how you can enter iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in recovery mode. Were you able to do it?