There are number of reasons why you shouldn’t share your password with others but sometimes you might require to share it with your friends who wants to use your Mac. If you have shared your Mac laptop with a friend or colleague, it’s better to change the password as soon as possible.
Change Mac OS X Account Password
You might have been looking for the way to change password of your Mac OS X account. When your password is not strong enough or you want to change the password for security purpose, the best way you can opt is changing the password.
Here is the way to change MAC OS X account password –
- Click upon the Apple Logo the location of which is the left side at top of the screen. You will see a list where you have to select option ‘System preferences’. In this window, you need nothing but to click upon the ‘Security and privacy’ option.
- As an alternate way you can also find the ‘Security and privacy’ option when you type security in the search box. You will see that the option you want has been highlighted automatically by searching it.
- When you find the security and privacy option, you have to click on it and ensure that you see four various groups in the security section; General, File Vault, Firewall and Privacy. You have to select the general tab and click on the option ‘Change Password’.
- Now, click on the option of changing password and enter the old password in relevant section. Then, enter the new password you want to set in the new password section; this is how you can change password of your Mac OS X Account.
- If you are using Yosemite OS X in your Mac device, you will be asked whether you are interested to utilize your iCloud password for logging into your Mac device or you need just to change password of your local Mac OS X account. Here you can opt for what is the more suitable method for you.
- If you think that you will like to get password hints for future reference, you can enter hint for your password in the password hint section. This is how; you can remember your password when you forget the password ever. This optional section helps you to remind the password.
Also Read – Best 12 Inch MacBook Alternatives
After completing this whole process, just click on the ‘Change password’ tab and this is all done.