Today in this guide, you will learn how to hard Reset or factory Reset Gionee smartphones. You should hard reset or factory reset your device only if you feel that your device is always freezing and lagging or its must process when you are selling your smartphone to someone else.
Factory Reset Gionee Phones
Make sure that if you Hard Reset your device, you are going to lose all your device data. So it’s quite important that you backup data on your smartphone first and then only proceed with the instructions mentioned here. Most of you might be knowing it but this guide is meant for novice users who recently purchased Gionee phone.
There are two methods which you can use to Hard Reset or Factory Reset your device.
Method 1: Using Factory Settings
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Under Settings go to Privacy section.
- In privacy menu go to Backup and Reset.
- Take a Backup of important data by selecting Backup option.
- Now select Factory Data Reset option.
- Follow the instruction given in the menu.
Method 2: Using Recovery Menu
- Turn off your device by holding Power key for few seconds.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key together for few seconds.
- Once in recovery mode click on Restore or Backup option from the menu.
- Select Backup and backup all important data.
- Return to main recovery menu.
- Now select Wipe Data or Factory Reset option from the menu.
- Confirm the action and wait till the process is completed.
- Return to main menu and select Reboot System Now from the menu.
That is it your device will now boot into normal mode with all data wiped out.
This guide is applicable for all Gionee android phones Gionee S6s, M6 Plus, M6, S6 Pro, P5 Mini, S8, Marathon M5 Mini, Marathon M5 Enjoy, Marathon M5 Plus, Gionee F103, Elife E8, S5.1 Pro, Marathon M4, Marathon M5, Pioneer P4S, Elife S7, Marathon M3, Elife S5.1, Pioneer P6, Pioneer P5L, Pioneer P4, Ctrl V6L, Ctrl V5, Elife S5.5, Elife E7 Mini, Elife E7, Elife E7, Elife E6, Elife E5, Elife E3, M2, Gpad G5, Gpad G4, Gpad G3, Gpad G2, Gpad G1, Pioneer P3, Pioneer P2, Pioneer P1, M2 Mini, P2M, Ctrl V1, Ctrl V3, Ctrl V2, Ctrl V4, Ctrl V4s, Dream D1 and others.