The LG G2 phone can be now updated with looks and customizations that found on Samsung Galaxy S5. In this guide we will be going through steps on how to update LG G2 phone with Galaxy S5 looks. This is a custom firmware so this process requires root access on your device. And also ClockWorkMod Recovery should be installed on your device to make the process of updating it easier than ever.
Preparing Your Phone
- You need to enable to USB Debugging by going through “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Also ensure that 60% of battery life left on your device.
- Backup important files and documents on your LG G2 phone.
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Download the LG G2 Galaxy S5 Firmware and the Google Apps package on your PC.
- Place the same downloaded files to your device.
- Turn off your LG G2 phone so that you can boot it in Recovery Mode. Press the Power button + Volume down button together at once until you see the Recovery screen.
- In the Recovery Volume Down/Up button to navigate through options and Power button is used to select highlighted option.
- Going through Recovery Menu, select “Clear Data”.
- Now select “Wipe Cache” from the Recovery Menu.
- Choose “Install zip from SD card” then browse through the firmware file. Repeat the process for Google Apps package.
- Now Hit “Go Back” and then hit “Reboot System Now”.
So with that you have successfully update your device with the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and got the Galaxy S5 look on your device.