In this article we have gone through procedure on how you can install ClockWorkMod Recovery on your Blu Dash 3.5 smartphone. The guide is very simple and you can complete the process within 15 minutes.
Preparing Your Phone
You need to ensure the following before actually proceeding to update your handset –
- Your phone should be charged to minimum of 50 % battery life atleast.
- Your phone should be rooted.
- USB debugging should be enabled in your device. “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” to enable it.
- You should have proper USB Drivers installed on your PC.
- You should take the backup of important files on your phone. Contacts are backed up automatically to Google Contacts.
Install CWM Recovery on Blu Dash 3.5
- Download the Blu Dash 3.5 CWM Recovery file to your PC.
- Connect your phone using the USB Cable to PC and copy the update.zip to the root of your SD card.
- You need to install CWM with fastboot.
Fastboot erase recovery
Fastboot flash recovery cwm-188.8.131.52-d170i.img
- Turn off your phone so that you can get through the recovery mode.
- Press Power and Volume Up button together to get your phone in the recovery mode.
- From the Recovery mode menu take the backup of existing firmware first by selecting Backup & Restore.
- Now you need wipe out all Cache going through “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” option.
- Go to Advanced and select “Clear the Dalvik cache”.
- Once the above two steps are done you need to select “Apply Updates from SD card” and navigate to update.zip file storage location.
- Select Yes in the next screen to begin the process of updating.
- Your phone will be restarted once the updates are applied.
So that complete the CWM installation procedure.