As we have mentioned earlier in one of our article “HTC One M8 GPE gets Android 5.1 Lollipop update” that HTC One M8 Google Play Edition gets the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop via Over The Air download. This update can be even applied manually on your device if there is a problem with the OTA update.
Here in this article we have come up with the steps to flash HTC One M8 GPE with Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA manually.
Preparing Your Phone
Preparing you HTC One M8 Google play edition for Android 5.1 Lollipop update (Manually). You should follow these steps –
- Instructions provided in this article are only for HTC One M8 GPE model, will not be working with other models.
- Check the model number in Settings > About phone.
- Phone’s battery should be fully charged.
- Device should be in S-OFF mode.(S-OFF mode is for security check it may prevent you from flashing custom ROM’s).
- To check the status of S-OFF/S-ON boot the device into HBOOT mode.
- Install the USB drivers for HTC M8 on computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode, to do this go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging > Tick.
HTC M8 GPE Android 5.1 Update
Steps to be followed for updating your HTC One M8 Google Play Edition to Android 5.1 Lollipop –
- Download the OTA Android 5.1 Lollipop file for HTC One M8 GPE models here.
- Rename the file if required to identify it easily while browsing.
- Connect your HTC M8 to computer though working USB cable.
- Transfer the Android file to Phone’s internal storage.
- Turn off the device and reboot into Fastboot mode (press and hold Volume Down with Power Button till you see the FASTBOOT menu)
- Navigate to Recovery option using volume keys in the menu and hit power button to select.
- Device will now reboot into Recovery mode (you can see red Android logo with exclamation mark on-screen).
- Press Volume up key followed by power button to enter stock recovery mode.
- Select Apply from Phone Storage option in the menu.
- Choose the Android file downloaded earlier and confirm the selection.
- Allow the installation process to complete.
- After completing the process select Reboot system now option in the menu.
- System will now reboot.
NOTE: First reboot may take several minutes to process and complete. So, allow the process to complete with interrupting it.
Your HTC One M8 GPE is now running on latest Android 5.1 Lollipop version, to check the version go to Settings > About phone > Android.