TWRP recovery is now available for the HTC Butterfly 3 that allows you to install custom packages like the SuperSU and mods that can modify your system in different ways. But for this, you need to unlock the bootloader of your device.
In this tutorial we have the tutorial ready for unlocking the device bootloader and hence that won’t be a problem.
After you unlock the bootloader of your device you can easily root it so, that you can have root access and unlock many advanced features on your device. But note that rooting your device will void the device warranty and the manufacturer or the technosamigos will not be liable if anything goes wrong with your device later.
Now, let us discuss how you can unlock the bootloader of your device so that you can install TWRP recovery and root the device. Follow the steps mentioned below to root and install TWRP on your device.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for HTC Butterfly 3 device, do not try it on other device.
- Charge the device battery to 100% level.
- Install device USB drivers on your PC.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the required data to some external storage to restore it later if necessary.
- Make a nandroid back up of your ROM to restore it in case of system failure.
- Unlock the device bootloader if not done already.
- Go to developer options and enable Allow oem unlock
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Root and Install TWRP on HTC Butterfly 3
- Before you beginning make sure that the device bootloader is unlocked, if not unlock the bootloader and then proceed further.
- Download the TWRP and boot image bundle for HTC Butterfly 3 from here.
- Download SuperSU v2.46 from here.
- Store the TWRP file on your PC.
- Store SuperSU file on phone memory.
- Power off the device and boot it into bootloader mode press and hold volume and Power button for few seconds.
- Extract the b3 recovery file downloaded from the above link and open the folder containing TWRP and boot image files and launch Command prompt window in the folder.
- To check the device connectivity give the following command.
- To flash the TWRP recovery give the following command.
fastboot flash boot b3twrp.img
- Now reboot the device into Recovery mode. Press and hold Volume down and Power button for few seconds.
- Install or flash the SuperSU file in the recovery mode and reboot the device into Download mode again.
- Now give the following command in command prompt to flash boot image file.
fastboot flash boot stockboot.img
- Once the flash completes reboot the device.
That completes rooting of Butterfly 3 smartphone. Thank you for reading the article.