Rooting the device is meant for development purpose. The instructions mentioned here to root Prestigio phone with model number 5508 Duo requires no PC connection as Framaroot does all the job directly on the phone.
Preparing Your Phone
Prepare your device for following requirements to be fulfilled –
- Make sure that App Installation from Unknown Sources is enabled on your device. You have to go to Settings > Security and then enable Unknown Sources.
- Also ensure that battery life left on your device is atleast 30%. If full charged then its very good.
- Backup data on your device internal storage.
Rooting Prestigio Prestigio MultiPhone 5508 Duo
Follow the instructions mentioned here carefully –
- Download and install the Framaroot application latest version on your phone directly. You can go through various Framaroot version and instructions on how to root.
- Once it’s installed, open it.
- Once you have done that, you will see following screen –
- First select Install SuperSU.
- You will need to hit Boromir or Barahir to begin rooting your device.
- Within few minutes, the Framaroot will try to root your device.
- Once that is done, your phone will be restarted.
If the root is successful you will see SuperSU from the application menu installed. You can also verify the root access by downloading the Root Checker app.