OnePlus 2 Phone is already used by many users around the globe, and among them many might have Rooted their devices to get some other features like installing custom ROM, which are not possible in Stock firmware.
Now that you have already rooted your device but due to some reason you no longer want to have Root access on your device. So, in this guide we will help you with how to unroot your phone and restore your device to Stock version.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for OnePlus 2 device.
- You need to back up your data to external storage to restore it in future.
- Battery of your device should be fully charged.
Procedure to unroot OnePlus 2
- Download latest OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS ROM from here.
- Transfer the file to your Phone internal storage if you downloaded it on your PC.
- Now, turn of the device and Reboot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key.
- In recovery menu select Wipe option and then tick Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Now, return to main menu and select Install option from the menu.
- Now navigate to ROM file stored on your device when downloaded.
- Confirm flash by Swiping the button at the bottom of screen.
- Return to recovery main menu and select Reboot system option.
That is it allow the device to boot up and you will have your device restored to Stock firmware.
Thank you for reading the article.