In this guide checkout How to Update Canvas A1 to Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware via Over the Air download.
When Google came up with Android One smartphones, they promised compulsory firmware update until 18 months from the date of device announcement. So far they are impressive in terms of delivering the latest update to Android One phones. All the three – Micromax Canvas A1, Karbonn Sparkle V and Spice Dream UNO have received the Android 5.0 Lollipop update moving from Android 4.4 Kitkat which came out of box. After that Android 5.1 became the latest version of Android and all the Android One phones are eligible to receive this update, Canvas A1 becomes the first one to get it.
Here is how you can update Canvas A1 to Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware.
Preparing Your Phone
- Connect Micromax Canvas A1 to available WiFi.
- You should have more than 30% battery life left on your phone.
Canvas A1 Android 5.1 Lollipop Update
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Manually check for update by going through Settings > About Phone > System Update.
- Now hit the Download button, downloading will begin.
- After the update has been downloaded, the notification comes on your phone to install the System updates.
- Click on Restart and Install.
- Canvas A1 will be rebooted and update will be applied.
You can go to Settings > About Phone and check for Android version. It should be 5.1. That means the update has been successfully done.