Australian LG Optimus G E975K will be getting the official Android Marshmallow update from the Google or LG itself. But as we know that there many features which are offered by custom ROM are not offered by the official update. Once you flash any custom ROM like Nitrogen OS or any other you can get hands on many advanced features.G Otimus
This custom ROM allows you to tweak your device according to your choice. But keep in mind that to flash this ROM you need to have root access along with a custom recovery installed on it. It is also true that once you root your device you void your device warranty.
So, if you agree with the above points then let us go ahead and have look at the procedure to download and install this Nitrogen OS on your LG Optimus G E975K.
Preparing Your phone
- This information is only for the LG Optimus G E975K and do not try it on other device or you will brick the device.
- Phone should be fully charged to avoid interruptions.
- Backup all the important data to some external medium.
- USB drivers must be installed on the computer.
- Make Nandroid back up of current ROM to restore it in case anything goes wrong in future.
- Device should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery tool like TWRP must be installed on the device.
- USB debugging must be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable it.
Install Custom ROM based Android Marshmallow on LG Optimus G E975K
- Download the Nitrogen OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Google Apps from here.
- Transfer both the downloaded files to the device internal storage.
- Switch off the device and reboot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key for few seconds.
- Back up the data and also make Nandroid back up in the TWRP recovery under Back up options.
- Wipe all the data present in device by selecting Wipe Data/Factory reset option in the recovery menu.
- Select the options in the next screen and swipe the button to confirm the action.
- Now select install option from the menu and navigate to Custom ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the bottom of the screen after selecting the file to flash it.
- Now similarly flash the GApps file.
- Reboot the device by selecting Reboot option from the menu.
You device will now be updated to Android Marshmallow, to check the status go to Settings > About device.