Oxygen OS by OnePlus One is long rumored but it has delayed launch. Here in this guide checkout how to update OnePlus One with Oxygen OS latest version available right now.
The Oxygen OS for OnePlus One phone is rigorously tested and it should work fine on your device.
Preparing Your Phone
- TWRP recovery should be installed on your OnePlus One phone.
- Charge your phone to 100% battery life.
- All the date on your device will get wiped off. So please backup any important document or file.
Note: We shouldn’t be held responsible for anything happen to your device. Please proceed at your own risk.
OnePlus One Oxygen OS Update
Follow the process mentioned below to update OnePlus One with Oxygen OS –
- First download the OnePlus One Oxygen OS to your PC. It’s a zip file and so don’t do anything.
- Now connect your phone to PC using USB cable and transfer the ZIP file to any storage option but remember the file path.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- You should enter OnePlus One is fast boot mode now. First turn off the device and then hold and press down the Volume Up button and Power down button.
- When you see fastboot logo, connect your device to computer.
- On Windows PC you will have to first Wipe the existing ROM data by selecting Wipe.
- Now select Advanced Wipe and hit Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache to wipe them one by one.
- Come back to TWRP recovery and then choose Install.
- Choose Storage and then select the ROM file that you have downloaded.
- Now reboot your device.
- You will see a new Welcome screen to set-up your phone again.
With that you have successfully updated OnePlus One phone with Oxygen OS. Yes, there might be some bugs in the new version although the ROM is tested.