You will be surprised to see that Samsung amid of the busy schedule for preparation of Mobile World Congress 2013 starting from February 25-28, 2013, the Korean giant has update Galaxy Note II with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware version which brings various bug fixes. This update to your phone will make your device more stable and it’s available for your device via Samsung KIES or OTA.
The firmware update is for all four carriers version namely Bell, Rogers, SaskTel and Telus baring model number as GH-I317M in Canada and this is based on the JZO54K firmware version. Among the features and improvements included in the update are the new notification toggles and notification panel which can be customized. Moreover the multi view window which was added in the last update can be disabled now and browser provides smoother performance. You will also notice that status bar has been changed from grey color to black color. Also this update brings New Group Cast application.
Update via WiFi
When you are connected to a Wi Fi, its better to update your device ensuring that you have charged your device up to 100 % and then follow the instructions below –
- From your mobile phone, go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check Now and then tap on Download.
- Once the files are downloaded, it will be later on installed. Once that is done, your phone will be restarted automatically.
- It will take a while for your device to boot in with a new firmware.
Update via Samsung KIES
Using Samsung KIES, you can update Galaxy Note II as well, follow here –
- So connect your phone to the PC while Samsung KIES is opened. Make sure the perfect USB Drivers are installed.
- Now follow the instructions mentioned on Samsung KIES to update your device.