Now the users of Verizon LG G2 VS980 can taste the Android Marshmallows on their very own device with the help of the new AICP 11.0 unofficial custom ROM. This ROM is in the initial stage of development so it might have some bugs as results of this some Android functions may not work up to the expectations.
So, it is not advisable to flash this ROM for daily use instead you can flash the ROM to get the experience of the Android Marshmallow on your device and wait till a better and stable build of the ROM to be available.
So, if you are an Android enthusiast who like to experiment with new released custom ROMs on their device can download the ROM from the link given below n the description and flash it on their own LG G2 via TWRP or other custom recovery which is mandatory.
Let’s have a look at the procedure along with few important info required before you start with the procedure.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are meant for Verizon LG G2 VS980 only, do not try it on other devices.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%
- Install LG G2 drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the necessary data to external storage restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Device should be rooted and it’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Download and Update LG G2 to Android Marshmallow
- Download the Android Marshmallow based AICP 11.0 custom ROM from here
- Download the Google App’s from here.
- Transfer the files to device storage and turn it off.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 8-10).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all, device is now updated to the latest Android Marshmallow, you can check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.