HTC One M7 has now got the CyanogenMod CM13 Custom ROM update which is built on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This custom ROM has all the features of the original Android Marshmallow update. HTC has not released its Android 6.0 Marshmallow update plans, for the device, so you can expect some delay on Marshmallow update or it may not be available at all.
If you are anxious of updating your HTC One M7 to Android Marshmallow, then here is an unofficial way of doing that. The CM13 ROM is unofficial but it has all the features of Android Marshmallow official update. This CyanogenMod CM13 ROM work well and it does have few faults like Camera doesn’t work, Calls don’t work, Microphone doesn’t work, Bluetooth doesn’t work. Nothing at all, infact it’s highly tested and trusted Custom ROM.
Preparing your Phone
- Charge your HTC One M7 up to 70% battery life.
- Backup all the important data which are necessary for you.
- USB drivers for HTC One M7 should be installed on the PC.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM in case the new version does not work properly you can restore it.
- Custom recovery like TWRP must be installed on the device to proceed.
- Device should be rooted and its must have bootloader unlocked.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. You can go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Android Marshmallow CM13 on HTC One M7
Follow the process mentioned below to install Android 6.0 custom ROM via CyanogenMod 13 on HTC One M7 smartphone –
- Download the Android Marshmallow AOSP file from here.
- Download Android Marshmallow Gapps file from here.
- Transfer the Files to Device internal or external storage.
- Turn off the device and reboot it into Recovery mode by using appropriate hardware buttons.
- In recovery select Wipe option and then tick the Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache from the next page.
- Swipe the Swipe to wipe button at bottom of the Screen.
- Now return to main menu and select the Install options.
- Navigate to the ROM zip file and select it, then swipe the button at bottom to flash it.
- In the same way flash the GApps file.
- Return to main menu and select the Reboot option to reboot the device.
With that, HTC One M7 will now be updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you can check for the same by going through Settings > About device.