HTC One M8 has now got the official OTA ROM to update the device to Android Marshmallow. This OTA ROM is released by Google itself. HTC One M8 is yet to get this Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to the devices officially via OTA, but you can now download the OTA file from the link below and flash it on your device if you are not willing to wait till it is available on Software update options in your device.
If you are anxious of Updating your HTC One M8 to Android Marshmallow without waiting for this update to be available on your Device. Then here is an official way of doing that. Just follow the simple steps mentioned below and update your device.
Preparing your Phone
- Device should be fully charged upto 100%.
- Backup all the important data to some external storage.
- USB drivers for device should be installed on the PC.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM in case you want restore it in future.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install HTC One M8 Android Marshmallow OTA update
- Download Android Marshmallow OTA update File from here.
- Transfer the File to Device internal or external storage.
- Turn off the device and reboot it into Recovery mode by using appropriate hardware buttons mostly Volume Down and Power button.
- Select Apply Updates from Storage from recovery menu.
- Navigate to OTA file and select it.
- Allow the installation to complete.
- Now reboot the system if it does not reboot automatically.
Your device will now be updated to Android Marshmallow, you can check the version of Android in Settings > About device.