HTC One Max user will now taste the flavour of first ever Android Lollipop update for their device and this is possible through a Custom ROM developed by Flyhalf205 in form of CyanogenMOD CM 12.1. This is unofficial firmware but has all the features of the Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop and it’s AOSP (Android Open Source Project). As there is no news by the company for the release of the Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop for the handset, the users can give a try for this CustomROM based Android 5.1 Lollipop.
As the ROM is in it’s developing stage you may face some bugs, but overall it will be great experience to have Android 5.1 Lollipop on your HTC One Max.
So those who want to try this newly releases Android based CustomROM by CyanogenMOD CM 12.1, all you need to do is follow this simple steps for installation.
Preparing your Phone:
- Phone should be rooted and its boot loader must be unlocked.
- Phone should have a custom recovery tool like CWM or TWRP installed on it.
- Phone battery should be fully charged to avoid problems during the process.
- Phone data must be backed-up to retrieve it in future.
- Phone’s USB drivers must be installed on the computer.
- USB debugging mode should be enebeld on the Phone (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
Installing Android 5.1 Lollipop based CM 12.1 Custom ROM:
Steps to be followed for successful installation of CM 12.1 Custom ROM.
- Download the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop based CM 12.1 Custom ROM for HTC One Max from here.
- Download the Google App’s for HTC One Max from here.
- Connect the device to computer through the USB cable and transfer the downloaded files to phone’s internal storage.
- Switch off the device and reboot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume down button, then press power button once and release it (do not release the Volume down button).
- Your device will enter into boot-loader mode and select recovery mode by scrolling down in boot loader mode and press power button.
- You can also use ADB (Android debugging bridge) and Quick boot app from google play.
- After entering into recovery mode, first perform a full data backup by selecting Backup and Restore option in the menu.
- Now perform a full data wipe by choosing Wipe data/Factory reset option from the menu.
- Similarly perform Wipe cache partition and Dalvik cache wipe (Advanced option) one after another by selecting respective options.
- Now return to main recovery menu and select Install Zip from sdcard from the menu.
- Choose the file from the internal storage and flash it.
- Repeat the step 11 for selecting Google App’s file and flash it.
- After flashing both the files return to recovery menu and select Reboot system now option.
Note: Use volume keys to navigate in recovery menu and power button to select an option.
Your phone will now boot and it will be operating on Android 5.1 Lollipop, to check the status go to Settings > About Phone.