The latest version of the Google Mobile OS i.e., Android 4.2.2 is out and there are couples of improvements with not many features added. You can check Android 4.2.2 improvements & enhancements. This brings another job cart for third-party Android software developers which lead to Android 4.2.2 custom firmware’s. The Android 4.2.2 AOKP custom ROM built is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 T-Mobile customers.
The AOKP based built 4 of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now available for download bringing you the latest update for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone. But for that you need to root your smartphone as this is custom firmware. You should understand that custom firmware is not the official firmware release either by Samsung or Google Android team as this is developed by third-party developers, some of them are trusted. This firmware is more stable and not broken one and this has led to publish it on our blog. The AOKP built Android custom firmware are all time best developers and they are more trusted as well. Using our guide here you can update the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.2.2 AOKP Built 4 firmware and the guide is mentioned here.
Pre Upgrade Tutorial
Before updating your phone you should ensure the following pre requirements –
- You should backup contacts, apps, messages, call logs on your Android phone. Make use of Super backup app to back up all at once. Alternatively, Since your phone is Samsung powered, you backup data using Samsung KIES official tool.
- You should ensure that the proper USB drivers are loaded on your Windows 7 PC.
- Also make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your device. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging and toggle it if it’s Disabled.
- You should ensure that you have more than 50% batter life left on your device or else you are asking for trouble. We recommend you to charge your phone fully and then proceed with the update procedure mentioned below.
- This procedure for Android 4.2.2 update is for only Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 and it shouldn’t be applied to any other Galaxy Note 2 variants.
- Additionally your phone wouldn’t be detected by Samsung KIES once update and this update will wipe out all the data on your phone’s internal memory.
- You should have your phone rooted and also along with that you should install the ClockWorkMod Recovery on your phone.
Ensuring that you have followed the above pre-requirements, now we should proceed on updating your device –
- First thing to ensure that you have rooted your phone and follow the procedure to root your phone on whatever firmware you are. Since we don’t know on which firmware your Galaxy Note 2 is in, we can’t provide you the link to root with the same. Once done with rooting go through next step.
- Download the Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 ROM for Galaxy Note II on to your PC.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC.
- Copy Paste the above downloaded zip files to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cable now.
- Turn off your phone so that you can enter in recovery mode. It can be entered after pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power Button keys altogether at once. This recovery is ClockWorkMod Recovery
- In the ClockWorkMod Recovery perform a full data wipe first and then scroll download to select the “Install Zip from SD card” and navigate to the file that you have downloaded earlier. Using Power button you can select the highlighted option and using Volume Up/Down button you can change the choices.
- After the installation is done, hit “++++Go Back++++” and then reboot the phone by selecting the “reboot system now” option in the recovery menu.
- Phone will boot now and it will complete the process of installation, will take few minutes to complete that.
With that the procedure for updating on Android 4.2.2 is completed.