LG G pad users can now update their device to new Android 6.0 Marshmallow through AOSP custom ROM. This ROM has few bugs but overall it is worth trying. So. if you are LG G Pad user just give a try to his new Android Marshmallow AOSP based Custom ROM.
AOSP custom ROMs have one good thing that you need not flash Google Apps separately as it come in-built with the ROM file.So, if you want to try out this Custom ROM then follow the steps mentioned below.
Preparing your Device
- This instructions are only for LG G Pad device.
- Charge your device to 100%.
- Back up all important data to external storage, so that you can restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid Back up of present ROM to restore it in case the Custom ROM does not work properly.
- Install USB drivers for LG G Pad on your PC if not done already.
- Install TWRP recovery on your device.
- Device should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the device. Go to Settings> Developers options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow Custom ROM
- Download the Android Marshmallow AOSP custom ROM from here.
- Transfer the file to device internal or external storage memory.
- Now, turn off the device and reboot it into Recovery mode by pressing holding appropriate hardware buttons.
- In the recovery mode select Back up option and make a backup of all required data.
- Now, select Wipe and the check Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Swipe the button at the bottom of the screen to confirm the Wipe action.
- Now, return to main menu and select Install.
- Navigate to the ROM file downloaded in step 1 and flash it (Swipe the button at bottom to flash the ROM file).
- Now tap on Reboot in main menu.
Device will now boot up in normal mode, updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. To check the version go to Settings > About Device.