Android has finally introduced its version 6.0 aka Android Marshmallow also known as Android M. The sweet taste of Marshmallow brought many down the line upgrades for your Android phone, which includes granting each Application individual access to phone’s preference. This update will definitely improve your phones performance. So here we are going to tell you how you can Modify App Permissions in Android Marshmallow.
Earlier while installing Android Lollipop, it would ask for access permission to various Apps in bulk and users have to grant the permission right at the time of installation. Which makes most of the applications to have free access on many phones’ features like location, camera, send messages, make calls and a lot more? This wasn’t the safe move of Android Lollipop.
On the other hand we have now the most awaited update Android Marshmallow with a very special function of case by case app permission. Here update will not ask for bulk app permission during installation, wherein the user can grant the permission to each app for each feature, later when app will ask for it. This update is among the most important and secured Android update ever. These little improvement matter exceptionally in normal use as this will make your phone more secure than ever.
Here are the steps to be followed –
- Go to Settings : Go to Menu and then click on Settings or you can even slide down on the screen and tap on the gear shaped icon, Setting.
- Go to Apps : Scroll down in the same section and you will see the option Apps, click on that.
- App settings : In the Apps preference you can found a newly placed Apps Setting option, with the same gear icon.
- Go to App permissions: Under the Apps Setting segment you will find App permission preference. Tap on App permissions.
- There they are: App Permission will land you to a screen which will show you, your phones resources. Selecting any one of them will tell you which app of yours is using that resource.
Modify system Settings Permission
Location based Apps usually ask for permission to modify your system setting. Like Tinder being the location based App, changes your GPS setting to High Accuracy while scanning nearby profiles. This is a different type of permission where the app not just read the information from your phone’s resource but also changes the way it works.