Motorola Moto X Play XT1563 can now be updated to new Android 6.0 Marshmallow through CyanogenMod CM13 custom ROM based on AOSP. This is the initial stage of the ROM development, so the ROM is not fully stable at present but the future build will be improved. So, if you wish to flash the ROM for daily use then this not the one you need but if you want to have just for experience then you can try it.
- Single SIM RIL
- Camera twist and display wave gestures
- SD card
- Video playback
- Torch and chop-chop gesture
- GPS? Seems to work without GApps.
- SEPolicy is permissive
- Duel SIM RIL
Moving forward, if you are having all the system requirement as said and if you wish to install this custom ROM on your device then let’s get started. Make sure you don’t download this ROM for daily run as it is just first build of ROM with bugs.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Moto X Play XT1563 do not try it on other devices.
- Charge your Phone to 100% battery level.
- Install Moto X Play XT1563 USB drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the required data to some safe place to restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid backup of current ROM from recovery mode.
- Root your device if not done already. Follow Process here
- Unlock device bootloader if not done already.
- Install custom recovery like TWRP or CWM for your device.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on your device. Go to Settings > Developers options > USB debugging mode.
Install CyanogenMod CM13 AOSP custom ROM on Moto X Play
- Download the Android Marshmallow AOSP ROM file and Google apps from here.
- Connect the device to the PC and transfer the Files to Device internal or external storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Reboot it into Recovery mode by using appropriate hardware buttons.
- Tap on Wipe option from recovery menu and then select Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache and swipe the button to perform the action.
- Now return to main menu and tap on Install options.
- Locate the ROM file, select it and then Swipe the button to flash it.
- Return to main menu and select the Reboot option to reboot the device.
Your device will now be updated to Android Marshmallow, you can check the version of Android in Settings > About device > Android version.
Thank you for reading the article.