Oppo Find 7S Android Marshmallow update now possible with the latest CyanogenMod’s CM13 Nightly build. This is the latest nightly build released. Find 7S users can download the custom ROM file from the official CyanogenMod website or they get the same from the link provided in the description. This custom ROM will give the experience of Android Marshmallow on your Oppo Find 7S with its Marshmallow features.
To update your Oppo Find 7S to Android Marshmallow via these custom ROM you need to root your device and install custom recovery on it before you start with the actual procedure. So, if you are done with the rooting and installing custom recovery, you can go ahead flash the ROM on your device.
Make sure to follow the procedure correctly to avoid damage to the device. If anything goes wrong with the device you will be the only person responsible for it. Let us now start with some early preparation followed by the procedure.
Preparing Your Phone
- These instructions are strictly for Oppo Find 7S phone, do not try it on any other device.
- The Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Oppo Find 7S USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device boot-loader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow CM13 Nightly Custom ROM
- Download the Android Marshmallow CM13 custom ROM from here.
- Download the Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Transfer both files to your device root storage.
- Disconnect the device, and turn it off.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power for a few seconds.
- When in recovery mode, tap on Wipe tab and select the options Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, EFS Data
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button on the screen.
- Now, return to the main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Navigate to the ROM file stored on your device storage and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 9-10).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- The System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.