Guide on how to update Oppo R7 Plus to Android 6.0 Marshmallow using the Cyanogenmod 13 officially Nightly release.
Hello to all the Oppo R7 Plus users out there, here we bring you a custom ROM to update your device to Android Marshmallow. This is CM13 Nightly build released by famous aftermarket developers CyanogenMod. These custom ROM will be a great experience on your Oppo R7 Plus. It has all the features of Android Marshmallow and it’s AOSP.
So, if you are among the users of Oppo R7 Plus, let’s update it to Android Marshmallow through these CM13 Nightly ROM. But make sure your device is rooted and it has a custom recovery installed on it as it is mandatory if you want to flash any custom package on Android devices.
So, now that you have got your device rooted with a custom recovery, let us go ahead and take a look at the procedure to flash this ROM using TWRP recovery. It must be noted by all those who wants to flash the ROM we TechnosAmigos or the manufacturer will not be responsible if anything goes with your device during or after the process.
Preparing Your Phone
- These instructions are strictly for Oppo nR7 PLus phone, do not try it on any other device.
- The Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Oppo R7 Plus USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device boot-loader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow CM13 Nightly Custom ROM
- Download the Android Marshmallow CM13 custom ROM from here.
- Download the Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Transfer both files to your device root storage.
- Disconnect the device, and turn it off.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power for a few seconds.
- When in recovery mode, tap on Wipe tab and select the options Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, EFS Data
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button on the screen.
- Now, return to the main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Navigate to the ROM file stored on your device storage and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 9-10).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- The System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.