Amazon Fire HD 8 was launched for main purpose of e-book readers. But as we know that the device runs on Android OS. SO, the enthusiasts will love to tweak their device by flashing custom packages like custom ROM or custom recovery.
But when you flash custom packages there are chances that you may brick your device completely and device is useless unless you restore it to Stock firmware by flashing stock firmware ROM.
So, if you are among them who likes to play with their device by flashing custom packages then this article may be handy in case if you brick your device. You can download the stock firmware from the link given in the description below and follow the procedure to restore your device to Stock.
Let us know discuss the procedure and restore your device back to stock firmware.
Preparing your device
- This update is only for Amazon Fire HD 8 5th generation device only. do not try it on other device.
- Device should be fully charged.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your Windows or Mac PC.
- Install latest Amazon Fire HD 8 USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Tap build number for 7 times > Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to restore to Stock firmware on Amazon Fire HD 8
- Make sure you have set up ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Download the Amazon Fire HD 8 stock firmware from here.
- Place the firmware in same folder where you have installed ADB.
- Power off the device completely.
- Reboot the device into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power keys together for few seconds.
- In the next screen tap on stock recovery to boot your device into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode tap on Apply Update from ADB.
- Connect your Amazon Fire HD 8 to your PC.
- Navigate to ADB and Fastboot folder where you have installed it on your PC.
- While in ADB and Fastboot folder with both files open right-click on empty space and select Open command prompt here.
- Command window will be launched.
- Give the following command to check the device connectivity
- Now to install firmware give the following command
adb sideload update-kindle-184.108.40.206_user_522054520.bin
- Type the file name as it is with extension.
- Wait till the process completes, then reboot the device into normal mode manually.
Thank you for reading the article.