Asus Zenfone 2 was released in many variants and there is no single root tool that can root all versions of the device. Anyway, for the people using Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500KL, developer Jhyrachy has brought you a simple one-click root method that flashes modified boot image on your Zenfone 2 Laser and gives you root access.
Anyways you should first unlock the device bootloader to flash a modified boot image on your device. So, to root your device you need to follow the below mentioned steps very carefully.
Preparing your Phone:
- A working USB cable.
- USB drivers and ADB & Fastboot drivers for Xperia Z5 Premium.
- Phone should be fully charged.
- Enable OEM unlock from developer options.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Root Asus ZenFone 2 Laser:
- Download the One Click Root tool from here.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Connect your Zenfone 2 Laser to PC.
- Download and unzip the one-click root script.
- Run the .bat file from the extracted files.
- Process will take few minutes to complete.
Allow the process to complete it will auto root your device. To check the status after finishing the process you can download the Root checker app from the Google Play Store.