The following guide explains process on how to Root Huawei P8 Lite smartphone on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Huawei P8 Lite was released in March of 2015, the device was running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. But we know that if it’s an Android device then Android developers will get their hand on it and find a way to root it, make custom ROM, mods and many more. Once the device is rooted you can install any custom packages on it.
After rooting the device you get SuperSu developed by Chainfire. This app allow you to gain root access to all the applications on your device and you can modify them easily. You can also get hands on system level optimization once the device is rooted.
In this guide we will discuss on how to root Huawei P8 Lite running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you own a Huawei P8 running on Android Marshmallow then you can also root your device and tweak it according to you. But there is an important fact that every new user must know. Once you root your device, you void your device warranty.
Let us now have a look at the procedure to root Huawei P8 Lite, but prior to that you must have a look at some early preparations.
Preparing Your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Huawei P8 Lite, trying it on other device might brick the device completely.
- Device battery should be fully charged.
- Back up any important data present in the phone to external storage.
- Also make Nandroid back up of current ROM, so you can restore it when required.
- Device bootloader must be unlocked.
- TWRP or CWM custom recovery must be installed on it.
- A working USB cable is required.
- Download and Install USB drivers for the device on the PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode > tick it.
Procedure to Root Huawei P8 Lite
- Download the SuperSu.zip file latest version from here.
- Transfer the file to your device root storage.
- Turnoff the device and reboot it into TWRP recovery mode. Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Key for few seconds.
- Make a back up of every thing in recovery mode by selecting Back up option in the menu.
- Wipe cache from the device by tapping on Wipe option and selecting the required options in next screen.
- Now tap on Install tab and navigate to SuperSU.Zip file stored in the device root storage.
- Select the file and flash it on the device.
- Allow the process to complete.
- Reboot the device once the process completes.
- This will flash the SuperSu file and root the device.
- Confirm the root status by downloading and installing root checker app from Google Play Store