Before following the actual procedure you should download the LG USB Drivers first and your LG Android phone should be encrypted.
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Download and Extract the LG_Root.zip in preferred location on your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable.
- In empty space inside the LG Root folder, press Shift + Right Click on the keyboard and then select Open command prompt here option.
- When the command window is launched, put the following command – adb.exe devices.
- Now in the cmd window copy paste the following code –
- You will get the following display screen –
- Required files will be on your phone now.
- Disconnect phone from PC and turn it OFF.
- Boot the device in download mode. This can be done by holding the Volume Up button and then connecting the phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Wait until the required drivers are installed.
- Double click on ports.bat file inside the LG Root folder and note down COM port number. This is required.
- Execute the following command –
- Typing the following command will run the root script –
- The screen will look like this –
- To get out of download mode, you should pull out the battery.
Re-insert the battery and power on your device. Your phone should be rooted now.