Getting your device rooted will provide you with various advanced option to tweak your mobile phone. Once you get root access on your device to can flash Custom ROMs, install custom Recovery tool, and other third-party apps that requires root permission.
But sometime root may cause damage to your device if you perform some actions in the device that you are not aware of which may lead to system failures. So, it not advisable to root your device if you are unaware of how to use it.
In this guide we will help you with how to Root your OnePlus X smart phone. To root your device you need to have your device bootloader unlocked.
Preparing your device
- This instructions are only for OnePlus X smartphone. If applying for other phones, chances are, you will brick your device.
- You need to charge to your device battery to 100% before starting.
- USB drivers for your device should be installed on your Computer.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM should be installed on the device.
- Bootloader of the device should be unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging mode.
Procedure to Root OnePlus X
- Download SuperSu zip file and transfer the file to device internal or external storage.
- Turn off your device and boot it into recovery mode (press and hold Power + Volume Up buttons for few seconds, it will enter fastboot mode, then select recovery mode from the fastboot menu and press power key for once).
- Now, in recovery mode select Install.
- Navigate to SuperSU zip file and select it.
- Now swipe the button at the bottom of screen to flash SuperSU on your device.
- Wait till the process is completed.
- Now select Reboot from the recovery menu and swipe the button to confirm.
Now the device will boot up into normal mode with SuperSU installed on it. To check the root status go to Google play store, Download and install Root Checker app.
NOTE: You can also use the OnePlus toolkit to root your device, install custom ROM and many other options are also available.
Thank you for reading the article, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.