Sprint Galaxy Note 3 running on Lollipop can now be rooted with a stable Kernel without any issues. You can download the kernel file from the link given in the descriptions and then flash the file using Odin.
All the users of Sprint Galaxy Note 3 must be aware of the fact that once you get root access on your device the device will no longer be in warranty coverage i.e the device warranty will be void. Make sure that once the process is completed it can not be undo. If you want to unroot your device then you must flash Stock firmware through Odin and get the device unrooted.
So, the users who are aware of the root functions and wants to have system level customization access can go ahead and follow the description below to root your Sprint Galaxy Note 3.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Galaxy Note 3 USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Enable OEM unlocks under Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to root Sprint Galaxy Note 3
- Download CF-Auto Root Kernel zip file from here.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from here.
- Install Odin on your PC.
- Extract the CF-Auto Root zip file on your desktop where it can be easily located.
- Launch Odin from the desktop.
- Tap on PDA or AP button in Odin window and select the .tar.md5 file from the extracted CF-Auto Root file.
- Tick only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot, do not touch any other options in Odin.
- Now turn off your mobile and reboot it into Download mode or Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button at the same time.
- Connect the device to PC.
- Odin will auto detect the device and blue or yellow indicator will be shown in ID:COM box.
- Once the device is connected click on Start button and wait till the process completes.
- The device will reboot automatically, you can then disconnect the device from PC.
- Check for SuperSU app in the app drawer.
- Download Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to verify the root status.