Following guide will show you on how to root Xiaomi Mi4 smartphone on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Android users who always wants to unlock new features of their device like to experience with the device in any possible way. One of the way is to get root access Once you get root access on your device you can perform system level customization.
As we know that to root the device we need to unlock the device Bootloader which will void the device warranty. Once you unlock the Bootloader and root your device you can install and flash any custom files on your device.
In this guide we will guide you through the procedure to root Xiaomi Mi4 running on the latest Android Marshmallow. As the device about to get the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow very soon. So, in order to get root access to the device the developers have started finding the ways to do so. Thanks to Chainfire as the rooting has just become simple. To root your Mi4 you just need to have TWRP custom recovery installed on the device. Once you get TWRP recovery then you can easily get root access for the device.
So, those who own a Xiaomi Mi4 can follow the procedure to root the device, but make sure you are ware that once you root the device you void your device warranty.
Preparing your device
- This instructions are only for Xiaomi Mi4 device, do not try it on other devices or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged to avoid interruption during the process.
- Install Device USB drivers on the PC for better connectivity.
- Back up all the important data before proceeding further.
- Also make Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Custom recovery like TWRP must be installed on the device.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Root Xiaomi Mi4 on Android Marshmallow
- Download the SuperSU V2.52 from this link and transfer it to your device root storage.
- Turn off the device and reboot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power key together for few seconds.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the flashing process.
- Once SuperSU is flashed tap on Reboot System option, and wait till the device reboots.
- That’s all, to check the root status download Root checker app from Google Play Store.