Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge Plus SM-G928C can be rooted easily without any complicated procedure. So, if a are one of the user of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus phone you can root your device from here by following the below mentioned steps.
After rooting you will get SuperSU app which is a superuser manager app developed by Chainfire, it give root permissions on your device once it’s rooted. In this guide we are going to use Kernel 6.0 for rooting the device. After root you can have the root features available like flashing custom ROMs, install custom Recovery and many other features also.
TWRP recovery is one among the Custom recovery tool which does not come pre-installed on your device you need to install it manually at your own risk. This recovery tool has many features like Installing Custom ROMs, Installing Google apps files, or flashing SuperSU file for rooting, you can use the TWRP for Wipe data, Dalvik Cache, Partitions Cache, etc. Among this functions there many advanced features present in the tool.
Preparing your Sony Xperia M4 Phone:
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Backup all the important data to some external storage.
- USB drivers for device should be installed on the PC.
- ADB and Fastboot drivers must be installed on PC.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM in case the new version does not work properly you can restore it.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Install TWRP on Sony Xperia M4:
- Download the TWRP Recovery file from here.
- Turn off the device and connect it to computer.
- Boot the device into Bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key.
- On device vibration press Volume Down button repeatedly.
- Rename the recovery file to recovery.img.
- In the same folder hold shift and right-click then select Open command prompt here.
- Type the command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- To mount partitions manually give following commands:
mount -w /dev/block/platform/7824900.sdhci/by-name/system /system
mount -w /dev/block/platform/7824900.sdhci/by-name/userdata /data
mount -w /dev/block/platform/7824900.sdhci/by-name/cache /cache
Procedure to Root Sony Xperia M4 Phone:
- Download SuperSu file from here.
- Reboot the device into TWRP recovery mode by using appropriate hardware buttons.
- Now click on “Install” and select the SuperSU zip file.
- Now “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the process.
- Now select “Reboot System” option once the previous process is completed.
That is it root process is now completed you can check the status by downloading the Root Checker app from the Google play store.