AOSP code is released by Google and the developers have started to make Custom ROMs based on Android Marshmallow to reach the devices which do not get the official Android Marshmallow update. Thanks to AOSP, the Galaxy Express Marshmallow update is possible and here in this article we will be dealing with instructions on how to update your Galaxy Express phone to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
CyanogenMod is one of the Android developers, they have brought unofficial release of Android Marshmallow Custom ROM CM13 for Samsung Galaxy Express. The ROM is in its initial stage of development so it may have some bugs but the basic functionalities are working good.
If you want to install this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Express then you need to flash Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM on your device before getting started with ROM flashing.
In case anything goes wrong we suggest you to back up your data and then follow the steps mentioned below.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Samsung Galaxy Express, do not try it on other devices it may brick the device.
- Phone battery should be fully charged.
- Back up the important data if not done already.
- Make a Nandroid backup of current ROM in case anything goes wrong you can restore it.
- Install Samsung Galaxy Express USB drivers on your PC.
- Phone must be Rooted and its Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed on the device.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Galaxy Express Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM
Follow the process mentioned below to update Samsung Galaxy Express with CM13 Marshmallow update –
- Download Android Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM zip file from here.
- Download Android Marshmallow Google Apps zip file from here.
- Connect your Phone to PC and transfer the downloaded files to device internal or external storage.
- Disconnect your device and turn it off.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Home + Volume Down keys at same time for few seconds.
- Tap on Wipe in recovery menu and select Data, Dalvik Cache, Cache, EFS, then swipe the button to confirm the action.
- Return to main menu and tap on Install and navigate to the ROM zip file stored in device storage and flash it.
- In the same manner flash the Google Apps file.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- Device will now boot up in normal mode.
Android Marshmallow Custom ROM is now flashed on your device you can check the version in Settings > About Device > Android Version.
Thank you for reading the article.