Samsung Galaxy Express users are about to get the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for their device. This update is CyanogenMod’s release by name CM13 ROM. It is a custom ROM developed by the developers at CyanogenMod.
This update can be downloaded at CyanogenMod official website and then follow the steps mentioned below to flash it on your Samsung Galaxy Express device. This ROM has brought in with many good features like visually tweaked UI experience with updated Theme engine which gives the users a perfect taste of the latest Android Marshmallow. But this is the initial release of the ROM so we do not advice to flash the ROM for daily run.
So, now let us move forward and learn about how you can flash this ROM on your device. Make sure that you back up your data and make nandroid back up of current ROM.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are meant for Samsung Galaxy Express only, do not try it on other devices.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%
- Back up all the necessary data to external storage restore it later.
- Make a nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Device should be rooted and it’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Update LG G Pad 7 to Android Marshmallow
- Download the Android Marshmallow based CyanogenMod CM 13 ROM from here.
- Download the Google App’s from here.
- Transfer the files to device storage and turn it off.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- Tap on Wipe and select all the options.
- Return to main menu and tap on Install option.
- Navigate to ROM file, select it and flash it.
- Similarly flash Google App’s file.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- Allow the device to reboot.
That’s all, device is now updated to the latest Android Marshmallow, you can check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.
Thank you for reading the article.