Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082/L has got the new AOSP based custom ROM to update the device to the latest Android Marshmallow. This AOSP ROM has all the latest features of the Android Marshmallow. You can flash this ROM using TWRP recovery and enjoy the new Android Marshmallow experience on your Samsung Galaxy Grand.
Samsung Galaxy Grand being an old model so you may not get the official Android Marshmallow update for the device. So, it is only possible with custom ROM, if you want to experience the Android Marshmallow on your device then you can flash the ROM by following few simple steps mentioned in the description below.
Before moving further make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on it. It is advisable that you back up all the data and make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM in case you wish to restore it later.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082/L. Do not try it on other devices at all or you may brick your device.
- Make sure that the device battery is fully charged,
- back up all the necessary data to an external storage.
- Make a nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it if the new ROM does not work properly.
- Install device USB drivers on your PC for better connectivity.
- Unlock the device bootloader it is mandatory.
- Device should be rooted and it should have TWRP recovery installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow AOSP custom ROM
- Download the Android Marshmallow AOSP ROM file for Samsung Galaxy Grand from here.
- Download the Android Marshmallow Google App’s file from here.
- Connect the device to PC and transfer the files to Device internal or external storage.
- Disconnect the device from PC.
- Turn off the device and reboot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power key for few seconds.
- In recovery tap Wipe option and then select Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache from the next page.
- Swipe the Swipe to wipe button at bottom of the Screen.
- Now return to main menu and tap the Install option.
- Navigate to the ROM zip file and select it, then swipe the button at bottom to flash it.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s file step 8-9.
- Return to main menu and select the Reboot option to reboot the device back to normal mode.
Your device will now be updated to Android Marshmallow, you can check the version of Android in Settings > About device > Android version.
Thank you for reading the article.