Quick guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 6.0.1 Tuna Marshmallow update.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 has no hopes of getting Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow officially. So, here we have brought an unofficial way of experiencing Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy Nexus device. This Tuna custom ROM has all the features of the official firmware and its AOSP. May be due to the ROM being in development stage you may face some bugs during operating some features.
The only known bug at this time being WiFi draining battery faster, but it is sure that as there are future build available for this ROM this bugs will no longer be making a problem.
So if at all you’re curious to check out the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 all you need to do is follow the below mentioned simple and easy steps including few early preparations.
Preparing your phone before installation:
- This instructions are strictly meant for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250, do not try it on other devices.
- Phone should be rooted and its boot loader should be unlocked.
- Custom recovery tool should be installed on phone (CWM or TWRP recovery tool are recommended).
- Phones Battery must be fully charged i.e, 100% to avoid interruption during process.
- Backup the important date before beginning.
- USB drivers for Nexus I9250 must be installed on Computer.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on Phone, to do this Go to Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging Mode.
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250
Steps to be followed for safe installation of Custom ROM and Google App’s:
- Download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow – Tuna Custom ROM from here.
- Download the Android Marshmallow Google App’s here.
- Connect the device to the computer through USB cable.
- Transfer the files to the Phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone from computer.
- Switch off and reboot the device in Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up, Volume down and Home button together.
- Backup the data in the recovery mode by selecting Backup/Restore Option.
- Now wipe the entire phone data by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache one at a time.
- Go to main menu and select Install Zip from SD card.
- Choose the Zip file (Dream Android file) from the SD card for installing the Dream Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- Repeat the step 11 for installing the Google app’s
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Reboot System now.
- Wait for the Reboot to complete.
NOTE: Use Volume keys for navigation and Home button for selecting an option in recovery menu.
That’s it your Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 is now operating on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. To check the status Go to Settings > About Phone.