The Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 is the effort to bring the dual SIM Android powered smartphone. As usual with Android powered smartphone, third party vendors have come up with custom firmware of Galaxy S Duos. Here in this article we go through Android 4.0.4 based Ice Cream Sandwich update for S Duos phone. This is the latest ICS built for the smartphone for the region of Philippines. Although it was for Philippines, third party developers have come up with availability to international users.
This firmware is based on the XXAMB1 built of Android 4.0.4. For those who have updated their smartphone earlier, they would go feel that update instructions mentioned here are quite easy. Although here in we will go through entire update procedure with step by step instructions. But before updating your phone you should ensure the following things on your device –
- You should fully charged your Galaxy S Duos and then proceed with updating your device.
- You should have rooted Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 by any of the procedure that you know.
- Also make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your phone. You can do it by going through Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging, make sure its ticked.
- You should take backup of important things like SMS, Call Logs, Contacts list, Apps and data on your internal storage. Updating with this firmware will wipe everything.
Galaxy S Duos USB Drivers: The Galaxy S Duos USB drivers on your PC are required to perform the above said task. You can download the USB drivers on your PC by following the link here and installing it on your PC.
Disclaimer: This is a custom firmware developed by third party members. Neither Samsung nor we would be held responsible for anything happens to your phone. Readers must proceed with their own decision and we can assure you that if you follow the update procedure correctly then everything would go smoothly.
Follow the update instructions mentioned here –
- You need to download the Android 4.0.4 S Duos firmware package first and then extract the zip file content on your PC.
- Also download the Odin v1.85 firmware tool on your PC as well and install it.
- Switch OFF your phone so as you can get it in download mode. How? S Duos can be entered in Download mode by pressing the Volume Up + Home button altogether along with Power button for few seconds until you see Galaxy S Duos S7562 written on your phone. You would also feel the vibration once you see that text and soon then you can leave all buttons. You also need to press the power button to confirm enter into Download Mode.
- Now open the Odin tool on your PC and then connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC ensuring that the phone is in download mode.
- If your phone is successfully connected to PC, you will see ID:COM port box turns yellow in the Odin tool. This verifies successful connection to the PC and hence you can move further.
- It’s time to select the right files for flashing your phone, do it as follows –
- On the PDA tab select the file with CODE in its name. (ignore if it’s not there)
- On the Phone tab select the file with MODEM on its name. (ignore if it’s not there)
- On the CSC and select file with CSC in its name. (ignore if it’s not there)
- On the PIT tab select the .pit file in its name. (ignore if it’s not there)
- Also make sure that you have selected the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Now click on Start button in the Odin tool to start the flashing process. The installation would take anything between 5 to 10 minutes depending upon the speed of your PC and RAM.
- Once the installation is completed your phone would be automatically rooted and unplug your phone from the computer.
With that you have updated your Galaxy S Duos with the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich built XXAMB1 update. You can verify it by going through Menu > Settings and About Phone. If you have any problem during update please drop us a comment and spread the word with your friends.