Tremendous news for Sony Xperia Z users, the device can be updated to new Android 6.0 Marshmallow via AOSP custom ROM. This is the Xperia Z Marsmallow AOSP ROM is in alpha stage so all the features might not work up to your expectations. Xperia Z C6603 is among those smartphone to skip Android 5.1 update in favour of 6.0 Marshmallow officially.
We hope you are curious to get this update but before you begin just make sure that your device is Rooted and its bootloader is unlocked. Also you need to have a custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM installed on your device.
Moving forward, if you are having all the system requirement as said and if you wish to install this custom ROM on your device then let’s get started. Make sure you don’t download this ROM for daily run as it is just first build of ROM with bugs.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Sony Xperia Z do not try it on other devices.
- Charge your Phone to 100% battery level.
- Install Sony Xperia Z USB drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the required data to some safe place to restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid backup of current ROM from recovery mode.
- Root your device if not done already.
- Unlock device bootloader if not done already.
- Install custom recovery like TWRP or CWM for your device.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on your device. Go to Settings > Developers options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow AOSP based Custom ROM
- Download the Android Marshmallow AOSP ROM (system img, boot img, userdata img) from here on your PC.
- Install all the files system.img, boot.img, userdata.img using fastboot.
- After the installation process completes Reboot the device.
That’s all enjoy the new Android Marshmallow on your Sony Xperia Z phone. Go to Settings > About device > Android version to check your android version updated.
Thank you for reading the article.