Sony Xperia Z3 compact buyers will be happy to here that we have brought you the flavor of new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop stock firmware for your handset. This is pre-rooted Android stock firmware only for your Sony Xperia Z3 (D5803) and it is available before the original Android 5.0.2 Lollipop release by Sony. This Android 5.0.2 stock Lollipop firmware for your Sony device is brought to you by famous Android developer called by the name Chainfire. Installing this firmware on your device will change your device model number to Sony Xperia Z3 D5833.
So, those who wish to try this pre-rooted Android 5.0.2 stock firmware on their Sony Xperia Z3 compact before the release of the original Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the device by Sony/Google.
Follow the steps mentioned below to install the firmware on their device.
Preparing Your Phone
- This instructions are only for Sony Xperia Z3 compact, will not work with other models (To verify phone model number go to Settings > About phone).
- Device should be rooted and its boot loader must be unlocked.
- You should have a recovery tool like CWM or TWRP installed on the device.
- Device should be running latest Kitkat version of Android.
- Phone’s battery should be fully charged.
- Backup the usfull and important data before starting.
- Install phone’s USB drivers on computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode, to do this go to Settings > Developers option > USB debugging mode.
Sony Xperia Z3 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Update
Steps need to be followed to install the firmware correctly.
- Download the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Pre rooted firmware on computer from the link.
- Extract the boot.img file separately (Only boot.img file must be extracted from zip.)
- Connect the Phone to computer though USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to Phone’s internal storage.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools on computer.
- Switch off and Reboot the device into bootloader mode (Do not disconnect USB) by pressing and holding Volume Up key.
- Go to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools on computer and launch Command prompt.
- Type fastboot flash boot boot.img in command prompt and press enter,
- Type fastboot reboot and click enter.
- Now reboot the device into recovery mode by tapping volume up or volume down buttons frequently (LED turns to other color).
- Backup the device data to restore later by selecting Backup and Restore option in list.
- Now wipe out the phone data by choosing Wipe Data/ Factory Reset option.
- Perform Wipe cache partition by selecting appropriate option.
- Perform Dalvik cache wipe by selecting required the option.
- Return to main recovery menu and select Install Zip from SD card.
- Navigate to Zip file in phone storage and flash it.
- Now return to main recovery menu and select Reboot system now.
- Allow the boot to complete.
NOTE: First boot might take several minute to complete please be patient and allow it to complete.
Your device will now be running on new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop to check the status go to settings > About phone.