Own a Nokia X phone? Congratulations that you finally got a brand that you trust powered with love of Android. Yes, the Nokia X, XL and X+ are three first ever Nokia Android phones launched at Mobile World Congress 2014 in February 2014.
For those who are looking to install the custom recovery on their Nokia X phone, then here we have gone through instructions on how you can do it easily. Please make sure that you have a rooted Nokia X phone along with requirements like USB debugging should be enabled, charge to 100 % battery life and back of your phone.
- CWM Custom Recovery Image (cwm-6048-normandy.img)
- TWRP Custom Recovery Image (TWRP-22.214.171.124-normandy.img)
- Download ADB&Fastboot Zip file
Nokia X Custom Recovery Installation
Follow the instructions mentioned below carefully –
- Download the CWM or TWRP Recovery img files first from the download links mentioned above.
- Extract the ADB& Fastboot Zip file after downloading it on your PC.
- Copy the custom Recovery image either CWM or TWRP which you have choosen to Fastboot ADB extracted folder.
- On your PC, on any empty area within the folder, press and hold Shift Key and Right Click button.
- Select Open Command Window Here.
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable now.
- Write adb device in command prompt and hit enter.
- Now write adb reboot bootloader and hit Enter again.
- If you want to go with CWM Recovery then enter this code –
fastboot -i 0x0421 flash recovery cwm-6048-normandy.img
or else there is different text to be entered for TWRP recovery, which is –
fastboot -i 0x0421 flash recovery TWRP-126.96.36.199-normandy.img
- Now type fastboot reboot again in CMD window.
Also Read – Download Nokia X Launcher APK
With that custom Recovery has been installed on your Nokia X phone. If you want to verify then type adb reboot recovery in CMD windows there.