Congratulations on purchasing the HTC One M8 smartphone. Now that you own one of the most premium designed smartphone on Android platform, you might be looking to root your device and then unlock bootloaders. So does we have gone through the guide on how you can unlock bootloaders on HTC One M8 Phone easily. The good thing about this guide is that it supports all the carrier variants on One M8 phone.
Also Read – HTC BlinkFeed APK Download
Before that we should go through pre-requirement for unlocking the bootloaders. Follow them here.
- Install the HTC Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device
- Install the Android SDK
- Backup your device Messages, Contacts, Call Logs, Apps & Data.
- Registered account on HTCDev.com which is free to get.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
Support HTC One M8 Versions: HTC M8 Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Bell, Korean Telecom, Rogers, US Cellular & all the International unlocked variants.
Unlocking HTC One M8 Bootloaders
Follow the guide mentioned below –
- Open HTC Dev website on your computer and open the boot loader unlock page.
- From the Supported devices list, select HTC One M8 phone and click on begin the Unlock Boot loader.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
- Turn off your HTC One M8 phone so that it can be entered in boot loader mode. Press the Volume down button and Power keys to select bootloader mode. It will lead you to fastboot mode.
- Now connect your phone using the USB cable to PC.
- Open CMD and type the following:
- A serial will be displayed once the device is detected.
- To acquire your device token, you should type the following in CMD command in CMD window:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- Now you will have your output toke. Right Click on CMD window to click on Mark. Copy everything which includes: <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> till <<<< Identifier Token End >>>>.
- Now open the HTCDev website page as that we left earlier on your PC. You will see “My Device Identifier Token”. Paste the code there and click on Submit.
- Now HTC will send your unlock code to your email address with which you have registered on HTC Dev site.
- You will receive the Unlock_code.bin on your email as attachment. Download it.
- Open the folder where you and on the empty space press Shift key and right click to Open Command Window here.
- Now as the last step, paste the following in the command prompt to begin the process of uploading:
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unclock_code.bin.
- Confirm your action and agree.
With that your HTC One M8 2014 phone is bootloader unlocked and you can root it easily.