Sony Xperia Z5 Premium was released along with iPhone 6S into the market with features like 5.5 inches display, Qualcomm snapdragon 810 SoC processor, 23 mega pixels camera and 5 Mega pixels front facing camera and many other features.
This device comes with its bootloader locked which does not give you access to many custom features. Many manufacturers have their bootloaders locked to maintain device safety. Even though it is locked there is a possibility that you can unlock the bootloaders manually.
Unlocking boot loader gives you access to installing custom recovery, flashing custom ROMs, flashing Gapps, and many other custom features.
To unlock bootloader for Sony Xperia Z5 Premium you need to follow the below mentioned steps .
Preparing your phone:
- A working USB cable.
- USB drivers and ADB & Fastboot drivers for Xperia Z5 Premium.
- Phone should be fully charged.
- Enable OEM unlock from developer options.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Unlock the Bootloader of Sony Xperia Z5 Premium phone:
- Vist the Sony website to get the Unlock code for Sony Xperia Z5 Premium.
- Download the USB drivers for Sony Xperia Z5 Premium from here, extract it and install it.
- Download the Android SDK and install it on PC.
- Open the SDK file and select google USB drivers and install it.
- Now download the Fastboot drivers from here.
- Replace the fastboot driver files with the file in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Android\androi d-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver.
- Now put your device into adb-mode by holding “volume up” and connecting the phone to computer).
- Install the adb drivers by going in the Windows-Device-Manager and right click on the unknown adb device.
- Select update driver and then search for the driver software.
- Now select driver from a list and Search for “Sony sa0113adb” and install it.
- In the fastboot folder open Command prompt window and type fastboot devices.
- Run CMD as Administrator and type the following “cd C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools”
- Now type the command fastboot devices device name will be shown, now type the Unlock code and press enter.
That is it wait for the process to complete and your device bootloader will be unlocked.