Samsung Galaxy S2 still has large number of fan following. For those who are holding this smartphone with model number as GT-I9100G are left out with official Android updates because there model number is slightly different from official GT-I9100. You shouldn’t be deject anymore because here comes the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update which brings brilliant features into your smartphone.
Preparing Your Device
Although this is not the official firmware release by Samsung, you can still apply this to your handset with any harm to your device. But before updating you should prepare your device first, follow these instructions –
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your phone. You can do it by going through “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and check the USB debugging Mode.
- Ensure that minimum battery left on your phone is 50% or more. This eradicates the risk of your device been strucked in the middle of the firmware update.
- This firmware should be applied to Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G, not any other model.
- You should back up your device using the Super Backup tool and then once the update is completed you need to again install Super Backup tool, import the back to get your settings back.
- Last but not the least, you should have your phone rooted. If you don’t know what’s rooting search in Google and find some guide to root your Galaxy S2.
Disclaimer: We at TechnosAmigos.com shouldn’t be held responsible if your brick up your phone for not following the instructions. Instructions mentioned are correctly written and it’s up to the risk of users.
Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G Update Procedure
- Download Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package and Google Apps Package to your PC.
- Once downloaded your need to connect your phone to PC using the USB cable and place the two files in the device storage.
- Once the copying of files is done, disconnect the device from PC and turn off your device so that you can enter in Recovery Mode.
- You can get your recovery mode by going through Volume Up button + Home key and then press the Power button altogether at once. If you get your phone in the normal mode, you will need to retry the process again.
- In the Recovery mode you need to wipe the data on your phone. Once this is done, come back to main menu.
- Now in the recovery mode select “Install Zip from SD card” and then choose zip file which you have downloaded in step 1. Once this is done repeat the procedure for Google Apps Package.
- Once this is done hit “Go Back” and then select “Reboot System Now”. Your phone will now get restarted and will see the new firmware applied on your phone.
With that you have updated your phone with the latest version of Jelly Bean 4.2.2 found on Galaxy S4. Now go to Settings > About Phone to check the same.